Here’s another example of my first messings around with etching
This print uses tissue paper for the eyes which is a very old technique to get blocks of colour into print work. It can be a bit tricky as is anything involving tiny bits of tissue in close proximity to glue and fingers.
I tried a couple of prints using different coloured tissues for the eyes – the yellow worked quite well also.
This is another of my first attempts at etching – I took a varnished copper plate home with me and used an ordinary sewing needle to scratch out the design, then dunked it in the acid the next time I has a print class.
This monday I had my last lesson of etching; I spent the whole lesson working on my aquatint plate, and managed to get one print at the end of the session from it, but this was left on the drying rack at the college (Will post it later)
This is what my etching looks like before I use my other copper plate with the Aquatint design etched into it. I will print one on top of the other to give more colour and definition to the design.
Next week – screen printing!